Social icons

Followers

Sunday 28 February 2016

Tips for Voluptuous Looking Lips


I've noticed a trend going around lately, and I'm pretty sure everyone has seen it: big lips. So I figured I’d hop on the band wagon and share a few tricks I've learnt to make your lips look a little larger. There’s nothing extreme here, no shot glasses, no injections and definitely no tattoos (yes, you can get your lips tattooed to look bigger), just good, old fashioned make-up tips.


Before I divulge all my secrets though, I would like to have a little ponder. The lengths I've seen people go to get bigger lips, in all honesty, kind of scares me. Now, I would never judge anyone, you do you all the way, but for me, personally, getting injections or tattoos or even sucking on a shot glass seem a bit extreme, one: I have a strong dislike for needles, and two: what if something went wrong? What if the injections looked weird? What if I didn't like it? At least with make-up I can just wipe off my mistake and try again. I do understand the desire though. I used to be so insecure about my lips and really hate them. I was convinced they were too skinny, that I couldn’t wear lipstick because they just looked weird. I’d look at photos of myself wearing lipstick and just cringe. It was a sad time for FranFran. Now though, since learning these tips, I’ve completely changed my mind. I actually love my lips, and I’ve developed what some might call a slight addiction to lipstick. So hopefully the tips I’ll be sharing with you today will help you out in the same way, and help you feel more comfortable in your own skin!

Tip #1


Okie dokie, now the rambling’s over, onto the first tip: Exfoliate and moisturise you lips. You can do this using a simple sugar scrub, I’ve got a tutorial on how to make one here. You only have to do this two or three times a week, just to make sure there’s no dead or flaky skin hanging about. And then use whichever lipbalm you like.  

Tip #2


Second tip: use a primer. There are quite a few out there but my personal favourite is Lip Plump by Benefit. It primes and plumps all in one and that's pretty dandy if you ask me.

Tip #3


The third tip I’ve mentioned before as well, in my How To: Master the art of lipstick post but I’ll say it again: over draw your lips a little. It’s not a crime and it’s the fastest way to get larger looking lips. Honestly. I used to be scared of doing it, now it’s an everyday thing. It’s so easy once you get the hang of it! Just exaggerate your cupid’s bow slightly and the centre of your bottom lip and you’re good to go! If you want to do more, feel free, but just be careful of not making it look to clownish. Check out this post for tips on it.

Tip #4


Now pick your lipstick and apply away. Once you’ve got it on, here’s another trick: Use a slightly darker lip liner to colour in the corners of your mouth. This will create an ombre effect and give your lips a little more dimension, making them look bigger.

Tip #5


Tip number four: Take a light or shimmery eyeshadow and dab it on the centre of your lips. This'll also create the illusion of bigger lips by adding a bit of dimension.

Tip #6


And my final tip: a bit of contour. Yes, you read that right. Grab your contour, or a cool matte brown eyeshadow and apply some just underneath your bottom lip, this will accentuate your pout, making it look like your bottom lip sticks out a little more than it actually does.


And that's it! Those are my tips for voluptuous lips, hope you've found this helpful! Let me know what you think! 
Powered by Blogger.

Connect