Social icons

Followers

Sunday 30 October 2016

Last Minute Halloween Makeup: Bruises & Gore



So Halloween is tomorrow and I'm way behind on my blog posts so I thought a great way to fix this was with a last minute Halloween makeup look.

All you need is some face paint and a sponge. Whether you use cream or water activated paint is up to you, but I definitely preferred using cream colours. If you want to go for some all it for, you'll need some fake blood and scar wax. I used Mehron Extra Flesh.

First things first, take a deep red colour on a rough sponge and begin creating the outline of the bruise. Try to avoid the centre of the bruise because the majority of the blood would pool around the edges of the bruise, not in/on it. Make it as random and messy as possible. Bruises aren't symmetrical. At all.


Now do the same with a bit of blue and purple, but keep it inside the red outline and tighter to the centre of the bruise. It should already be looking pretty grim at this point.


For the final step, take a yellow and apply it to the very centre of the bruise. This'll work to just make it look like you've taken a proper walloping and mayde, as my friend said, even make it look a tad infected for the next step.


That's it for a bruise, really simple, really fast, but damn effective. If you want to go that one step further and really gross out the easily squeamish, go ahead and follow the next steps.

Take the scar wax (make sure you've got a bit of makeup remover on your fingers to stop it sticking) and apply it along the centre of the bruise. Smooth it out so there's no rough edges.


Then, using a blunt but narrow object (I used a metal makeup spatula) create a line down the wax. If you've got it, now's the time to apply a bit of fixative just to make sure the wax sets a little bit more. Wait for that to dry, then apply a coat of translucent powder to get rid of any shine. If your bruise looks a little dull, now's a good time to go back in with a bit more colour. Also, take a brush you don't mind ruining and apply the red down the cut you've just made.


And for the final step, apply some fake blood. 


So that's it. That's literally all I did and the bruises & gore came out looking pretty cool. I got loads of compliments all night and it looked great. Right up until I managed to smack myself in the chest and smudge half of it. That was towards the end of the night though, alcohol had been consumed and no one really cared at that point. But do try to think about the placement of the gore, you don't want to spend the night worrying about ruining your look.

And here's a couple of photos from the finished look:



Belle had another run in with those wolves. Beast wasn't so quick to save her this time.

If you want to know more about my Halloween antics, go and check out my friend's blog post Halloween Hangover. It's a very accurate title and is a good, entertaining read. It's a two parter, the second piece should be going up soon so keep your eyes peeled for that one.

I hope this post has been helpful and that you all have a cracking Halloween, I know I did!
Powered by Blogger.

Connect