Social icons

Followers

Thursday 26 January 2017

Kat Von D Lock It Foundation Review



Today I'll be writing a quick review on the Kat Von D Lock It Foundation. It's quite popular and I've seen a lot of great reviews for this foundation so really wanted to try it out for myself and see how I liked it.
It was a pretty decent foundation and comes in 30 different shades, varying from warm to neutral and cool, so you should find it pretty easy to find a shade that suits and matches your skin tone. It's got a matte finish so is probably best for oily / combo skin types as it could be quite drying otherwise. I’ll keep the review short and simple though by giving you a quick list of the pros and cons I found whilst wearing the foundation. I did use the whole bottle of foundation before writing this blog post, so I feel I got a pretty good overall understanding and experience of using this particular foundation before giving my opinion.

Here's a list of all the pros:

1. Sanitary packaging
2. Easy to control the amount of product you use with the pump
3. Animal cruelty free
4. Lots of pigmentation and great coverage
5. Long lasting
6. Fragrance free
7. No Parabens or sulfates
8. It didn't break me out and I have very sensitive skin
9. Looks great in photos

Here's a list of the cons:

1. Very heavy/ thick consistency
    - I found a way around this by mixing the foundation with a moisturizer, it was still really long lasting and had good coverage
    - Because it is so thick getting the right shade is a must, otherwise it can be quite unforgiving, even if you blend
2. Not completely transfer proof
    -It still rubbed off on things like my clothes and phone screen. This could be because I don't use a setting spray or use the primer though
3. It is quite fast drying and tricky to blend


I did really want to love this foundation more than I did. It's definitely not the worst foundation I have tried, but I think, for me, it just didn't live up to the hype and expectations. It does last a long time, and only rubs off a little bit, but you could definitely see a difference between when I first applied the foundation in the morning and then what it looked like after a few hours wear around the office at work. Overall though I think it's a pretty good foundation and if you're looking for great coverage I would definitely consider it!





Powered by Blogger.

Connect