Social icons

Followers

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Review: NYX Matte Lipsticks



Hello Lovelies!
Today I've got a fun little review for you all! Now, before I begin I would just like to add a little disclaimer: I bought and paid for these products myself, I am not affiliated with the brand and the opinions stated in this blog are entirely my own. Okay, now on with the review!

A little while ago I saw these NYX Matte Lipsticks whilst I was in Switzerland visiting my family for the holidays. Initially I only picked up a couple of the colours, but ended up loving them so much I went back and bought a few more. Below is a picture of the colour swatches and the names of the lipsticks, from left to right are:

Alabama, Perfect Red, Tea Rose, Whipped Caviar, Merlot and Siren.



I loved the colours. They're pretty opaque and there's a great range to choose from. Normally I struggle to find a nude, more neutral lipstick that looks good on me, but here I found two: Tea Rose and Whipped Caviar. I wear these as my normal, day to day lipsticks, especially Caviar. It just goes with everything! The other lipsticks I tend to wear more in the evenings when I'm going out and need to dress up a little.

They're also super creamy which means they don't dry out my lips at all, and for someone with sensitive skin and dry lips, this is a little bit of a god send. Because they're so creamy it makes them slightly easier to apply than other lipsticks I've used in the past. Although, I'm not going to lie, I do need a mirror, they're not the kind of lipstick that I can just slap on and go. Definitely need to see what I'm doing.

I was also pleasantly surprised by just how long they lasted! Normally I put on a lipstick or a lipstain and it comes off within a couple of hours, but these stick with me for considerably longer. I only really need to reapply once or twice a day, although if you've had a meal, I would definitely do a little bit of a touch up afterwards. as you tend to lose some of the colour.

The packaging, as seen in the top photo, is simple and neat. It has a clear panel in the middle so you can see the colour of the lipstick rather than having to open it up or read the label. Quite handy if you've got a bunch of lipsticks rolling around the bottom of your handbag and need a quick top up.

Overall I think they're pretty good quality for the price you're paying (which varies a little, depending on where you are). I'm looking forward to trying some of their other shades!

Have you tried these lipsticks? What do you think?

Powered by Blogger.

Connect