Social icons

Followers

Tuesday 24 March 2015

DIY Body Lotion

Hello Lovelies!
Here's a really easy and quick DIY for you oil: coconut oil body lotion!
All you need is:

Coconut Oil
Vitamin E capsules
Tea Tree Oil and Vanilla Extract
Alternately, you can just whichever essential oil you want to
A bowl for mixing everything in
A Container / Jar
Some cute labels

And a whisk

Alright, so first thing's first. Lets talk about why Coconut Oil is so good for you. There are a couple of reasons, trust me.
Okay, so firstly, Coconut Oil has lots of Vitamin E and different proteins in it, which is good for skin, helping to promote healing from any wear and tear! It helps with anti-aging and prevents premature wrinkles. How great is that?
And the main reasons I added the Tea Tree Oil is because I've found it to be pretty good for helping to fade scars. The Vanilla I added was to try and combat the heavy scent of the Tea Tree, but it didn't entirely work. Instead it just kind of mixed together and actually ended up making a really nice, fresh scent that I ended up loving!

Moving on to the tutorial! It's actually really easy. Just take your Coconut Oil, however much you want/ need and put it into your bowl. Make sure the oil is actually solid otherwise this won't work! Now take the whisk and just start stirring. It's a little difficult at first, but soon you should start to see the oil begin to soften up and become a little smoother. Once this begins to happen just mix in the rest of your ingredients and keep stirring until you're happy with the texture and everything is mixed in nice and evenly. I don't have exact measurements with this, I just estimated and guessed until I got the mixture I wanted!
When you're satisfied with your body lotion, just pour it (carefully, this part can get a bit messy!) into your container and write a cute label for it! Then just store it in a cool place and viola, you're done!
The mixture feels really good on your skin, and is super nourishing. My skin feels a lot softer since I've started using it! 


I hope you've enjoyed this simple tutorial, let me know what you think!
Powered by Blogger.

Connect